In addition to papers presenting theoretical and practical advances, WASPAA 2017 is seeking demonstrations of novel technologies in the field. Demonstrations at WASPAA 2017 are intended to complement the overall program of the workshop in order to present and discuss practical achievements, challenges, and performance results of innovative implementations, integrations, and prototypes.
The submission and selection process for WASPAA 2017 Demos is separate from the paper submission.
Submissions should be sent as a pdf file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each Demo submission should consist of the following elements:
- Demo title, list of presenters, including contact details.
- Brief description of the system to be demonstrated, detailing the application, problem scenario, key technology, and what a visitor will learn from the demo. In particular, authors should highlight the novel contributions, integrated algorithms, and interactive aspects of the system.
- Details about the necessary operating conditions and maturity of the demonstration.
- A complete list of equipment required for the demo. Please note that authors must provide their own equipment.
- If the demo is related to a paper submitted to WASPAA, authors should specify the paper submission reference, title, and list of authors.
Each submission will be assessed by the Organizing Committee. The evaluation criteria are:
- Relevance to topics of interest of WASPAA 2017
- Significance and originality
- Live demo presentation and technical quality
- Maturity and readiness for demonstration
- Potential for public interaction
- Potential impact in the intended application domain
Authors will be informed via email of the outcome of the selection process.
Demonstrations will take place in one room shared amongst all demo presenters. A space for demonstration will be allocated for each participant. Each demo will be provided with a table, poster board, power outlet and wireless (shared) Internet. Presenters are encouraged to complement their demo with a poster.
For special requests, such as a required space, special equipment, or lighting conditions, please contact the demo chair prior to the demo proposal submission deadline.
At least one author of each accepted demonstration is required to register and attend the conference to present the demo.
For any questions regarding demonstrations and demo proposals, please contact the Demo Chair: Christine Evers, Imperial College London, email@example.com.